Borrow materials using your actual or digital Library card; both are FREE (lost cards are replaced for a modest fee) and accepted at any of the 38 libraries in the Westchester Library System (WLS).
A child in kindergarten, or age 5 and over, is eligible for their own card, as is anyone who does not live in Westchester County but works in the village.
Cards expire every three years and are easily renewed if you still live or work in Hastings.
To obtain a card, bring to the Circulation Desk:
- Valid ID
- Piece of mail (i.e. Con Ed bill, bank statement) addressed to your Hastings-on-Hudson residence, or, if a nonresident, proof of employment in the village.
Residents of the unincorporated streets listed below must obtain their card from the Greenburgh Public Library:
Boulder Ridge Road
Hidden Glen Road
Old Jackson Avenue
Saw Mill River Road
Digital Library Cards
To download a digital library card, you must have an actual card. Then, follow these steps:
- Go to the app store on your mobile device.
- Type in “Westchester Library System” and install the app.
- Once installed, open the app, select “My Account” and then select “Digital Library Card.”
- Enter your barcode and PIN/password (the last 4 digits of your phone number).
- Your digital card will appear on your mobile device.